UnInk Tattoo Removal

Has Closed Its Doors. Skintastic Can Help.

972.620.3223

The Laser Tattoo Removal Process

When you get a tattoo, a large ink molecule is deposited into the second layer of your skin. Though the tattoo may fade slightly over time, due to sun exposure and other internal factors, your tattoo is meant to be permanent.

With a specific wavelength of energy emitted from a laser at a very fast frequency the ink is targeted, leaving your surrounding tissue unharmed. The energy from the laser breaks up the large ink molecule into small fragments and is then absorbed and processed out naturally through your immune system. With approximately 95% of your ink processed out internally and the other 5% processed out through any scabbing, blistering, or skin cell turnover it is important to give your body time to do what it does best. We recommend a minimum of 6-8 weeks between each treatment. Though on the surface of your skin you may look fully healed, your body is still working around the clock to process out your unwanted ink. You will notice with each week in-between treatments your tattoo will become lighter than the week before. Shading will always fade first and is typically gone in the first few treatments. Outlines will start to break up next and are followed by a progressive fading in the more dense black and any colored ink present. Different colors will require specific wavelengths to effectively achieve full removal.

Q-Switch vs. PicoSure Treatments:

We are proud to offer the latest advancement in tattoo removal. For more than 20 years, Q-Switched lasers have been considered the standard technique for removing tattoos. Now with PicoSure, the ultra-short pulses create a photomechanical impact, shattering the ink or pigment into tiny dust-like particles. Because the particles are so small, they are more easily absorbed and eliminated through the body’s natural processes. This means that with each PicoSure treatment, the tattoo will lighten and clear faster than ever before.  Additionally, due to the 755nm wavelength the PicoSure is able to remove even stubborn blue and green ink in only a few sessions!

Q-Switch lasers remove black and red tattoos in about 8-12 treatments and green and blue tattoos in about 20 treatments.  PicoSure removes most ink in 4-6 treatments*.  Currently the PicoSure cannot remove red ink.  Skintastic uses the Spectra by Lutronic in their Plano office to remove all red ink.

Please visit http://www.skintastic.com/tattoo-removal-dallas-texas/ for more information about laser removal options at Skintastic.

R20 Method:

Developed in 2011 by Dr. Theodora Kossida in Greece, the R20 method can greatly decrease the number of treatments required to remove a tattoo, in some cases requiring only a single treatment.

The R20 method is NOT a laser but rather a tattoo removal technique. The method employs multiple passes to a single tattoo spaced 20 minutes apart to achieve greater ink reduction then the commonly used single pass method.

The R20 study was only done on 18 tattoos on 12 patients. Most were black amateur tattoos, and did not include much color or professional tattoos done in a shop. Due to the size of the study and tattoos treated there is much more research that will need to be done to perfect this method.

Though in the original study 4 passes were used, others who have explored this method have found that 2 passes was almost as effective with less damage to the skin. Not every tattoo is a candidate for this method, if you are interested in the R20 method be sure to let your specialist know during your consultation!